Issue that this update fixes
- Microsoft Word 2013 crashes when you type an equation, such as "(a + 1)!^2," and then you press the Spacebar.
- When you input text in any of the following languages in OneNote, the text is displayed incorrectly and is unreadable:
- Punjabi (Arabic)
- Central Kurdish
- Sindhi (Arabic)
- Microsoft Lync 2013 crashes when you use Narrator to read a smiley face character
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using an .msi file. This update does not apply versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Click-to-Run.
To identify how Office 2013 was installed, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an Update Options item is displayed. If Office 2013 was installed by using an .msi file, the Update Options item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: