- Previously unreleased fixes that are included in this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and security.
- All the monthly security updates that were released through January 2014, and all the Cumulative Updates that were released through December 2013.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart requirementYou have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
How to obtain and install the service pack
Method 1: Microsoft Update (recommended)To download the service pack from Microsoft Update, go to the following Microsoft website:
Method 2: Download the SP1 package from Microsoft Download CenterThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 desktop packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesThe following workbook is available for download. This workbook lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.Note This workbook is available only in English.
Known issues and behavior changesYou may experience the following know issue and behavior changes about this service pack:
- SP1 for the Dari (prs-af) language version of the Office Language Interface Pack 2013 cannot be uninstalled. The Uninstall button is missing when you select the SP1 update in the Installed Updates control panel.
To work around this issue, you can uninstall and reinstall the original Language Interface Pace program.
- To experience the correct user interface and editing behavior when you use Language Interface Packs (LIP) with Office on Windows RT, follow these steps:
- Install the language pack and set the primary language in the Windows language preferences.
- Go to Office 2013 Language Preferences.
- Select the LIP language that you are using under Editing Language and then click Set as Default.