Issues that this update fixes
- Assume that you set a custom filter for a column header in the Datasheet view of a list on a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 site. Then, you switch to the Standard view, and then back to the Datasheet view. When you set a custom filter, the drop-down fields are missing in the custom filter.
- Assume that you zoom the text in the instant message input area in Microsoft Lync 2013 to a value greater than or less than 100 percent. When you type some text in the instant message area, the zoom setting is not applied to the typed text.
- Assume that antivirus software is running on the computer. When you open a document in Protected View in an Office 2013 application, the Office 2013 application stops responding.
- Assume that you set the display language of Windows to a language. When you set the display language to Match Microsoft Windows in the Microsoft Office 2013 Language Preferences dialog box, the display language of Office 2013 is incorrect.
- When you change the dots per inch (DPI) setting in Windows to a high value such as 125 or 150, some icons in Office 2013 applications are displayed incorrectly.
- When you set the DPI setting in Windows to a value greater than 150, the ribbon and status bar are displayed incorrectly.
- When you change the DPI setting in Windows to a high value such as 200, temporary buttons such as AutoCorrect Options and the Paste Options buttons are positioned incorrectly and have too much padding.
- When you set the DPI setting in Windows to 200, some ribbon icons in Office 2013 applications appear blurry.
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI). This update does not apply to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Click-to-Run.
To identify how Office 2013 was installed, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an Update Options item is displayed. If Office 2013 was installed by using MSI, the Update Options item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2817624 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2