Issues that this update fixes
- Assume that you open a PowerPoint Presentation by using the 32-bit version of PowerPoint 2013. In the Sorter View mode, the slide thumbnails that contain image are not displayed correctly. A red X is displayed instead.
- Assume that the computer has Windows 8 installed and connect two monitors (Primary and Extend mode). You change the dots per inch (DPI) setting of the primary minor in Windows to 200. The DPI setting of the primary minor remains at 100 percent. You play the PowerPoint 2013 Slide Show in the Extend monitor. In this situation, texts in the slides scale automatically. However, the text becomes pixelated.
- Assume that you change the DPI setting of the Windows to 200 percent or a larger value. In PowerPoint 2013, the Animation icons in Slide Sorter view mode in PowerPoint 2013 are not displayed correctly.
- Microsoft Office 2013 application tiles are not display clearly in the Windows 8.1 Start menu.
- When you change the DPI setting in Windows to 200 percent or a larger value, titles and content placeholders in PowerPoint 2013 are not displayed correctly.
- When you change the DPI setting in Windows to 200 percent or a higher value, themes in PowerPoint 2013 are not displayed correctly.
- Assume that you run the PowerPoint 2013 in a touch-enabled device. In Slider Show mode, when you tap the screen, the Slide Show goes to the next slide. The expected situation is that when you tap the screen, PowerPoint 2013 remains on the current slide and displays the Slide Show toolbar.
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using an .msi file. This update does not apply versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Click-to-Run.
To identify how Office 2013 was installed, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an Update Options item is displayed. If Office 2013 was installed by using an .msi file, the Update Options item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2817625 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2