Issues that this update fixes
- When you use a UIA-based screen reader (such as Microsoft Narrator) to read a message in Outlook 2013 or a document in Word 2013, the shapes and images are not read by the UIA-based screen reader.
- In Outlook 2013, the inline attachment is read as "image" instead of as "attachment" by UIA-based screen reader such as Narrator.
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using MSI. This update does not apply versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Click-to-Run.
To identify how Office 2013 was installed, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an Update Options item is displayed. If Office 2013 was installed by using MSI, the Update Options item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2817631 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2