Issues that this update fixes
- The arrows that expand and collapse headings in Word 2013 are smaller than expected.
- The font type icons in the font gallery drop-down list are displayed incorrectly.
- Template names are truncated in Office 2013 applications.
- When you download a template in an Office 2013 application, the progress indicator is smaller than expected.
- Some icons on the ribbon are blurry.
- Some assets, such as the minimize button, maximize button, and close button, are blurry.
- Text in the list in the AutoCorrect dialog box is truncated.
- The Mini toolbar is not displayed correctly, and the font drop-down list is truncated.
- Backstage navigation tabs are not displayed correctly.
- The style gallery is stretched in Word 2013.
- When you use the Change Case function for some Azerbaijan characters, the characters are displayed incorrectly.
- The information icon, warning icon, and check boxes in some dialog boxes, such as the Find and Replace and Insert Hyperlink dialog boxes, are blurry.
- Some components, such as icons and sheet scrollers, are displayed incorrectly in Excel 2013.
- Some components in the contextual Mini toolbar and ribbon appear blurry.
- Some components, such as splitter dots and the spacing in pattern fills, are displayed incorrectly.
- When you open a file in OneDrive for Business or save a file to OneDrive for Business from the backstage, the SharePoint browsed location is used instead of the locally synchronized location.
- The text in some UI elements, such as the sign-in dialog box and Services manager, is smaller than expected.
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the update
Microsoft UpdateThis update is available from Microsoft Update only. For more information about Microsoft Update go to the following Microsoft website:
This update applies to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI). This update does not apply to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Click-to-Run.
To identify how Office 2013 was installed, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an Update Options item is displayed. If Office 2013 was installed by using MSI, the Update Options item is not displayed.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2827228 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2