Issues that this update fixes
- The font type icons in the Font gallery drop-down list in the Font group on the Home tab of Office 2013 applications are low resolution.
- The spin buttons are not available when touch mode is enabled in Office 2013 applications.
- The split buttons are convert into drop-down buttons when touch mode is enabled in Office 2013 applications.
- The user interface in mouse mode is too cramped for high-DPI touch screen users even though, by default, touch mode is not enabled on a high-DPI screen in Office 2013 applications.
- Most user interfaces of the PowerPivot add-in are not displayed suitably on a high-DPI touch screen.
- The PivotTable Styles gallery is not displayed correctly on a high-DPI screen.
- The Timeline Styles gallery is not displayed suitably on a high-DPI screen.
- Assume that you apply hotfix 2768014 on a computer that has Office 2013 installed. You try to change Office 2013 by using the Programs and Features feature in Control Panel. Then, a Setup Maintenance Mode dialog box appears. In this situation, the Repair option disappears from the dialog box.
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI). This update does not apply to versions of Office 2013 that were installed by using Click-to-Run.
To identify how Office 2013 was installed, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an "Update Options" item is displayed. If Office 2013 was installed by using MSI, the "Update Options" item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2827230 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2