- VBA Projects, XLM Macro Code, and ActiveX Controls
- Uncompiled Add-ins (.xla files)
- Menu Items, Toolbar Buttons and Shortcut Keys related to VBA
- By setting its installation setting to Not Available when you install Excel.
- By using the Disable VBA for Office Applications system policy.
VBA Projects, XLM Macro Code, and ActiveX Controls
- You cannot create new code or ActiveX controls, nor can you run existing code or ActiveX controls.
- When you open files that contain these programmability-related objects, the objects are removed, and you receive the following warning: This workbook has lost its VBA Project, ActiveX Controls and any other programmability-related features.If you click OK, Excel opens the file in read-only mode to ensure that the programmability components are not accidentally lost.
- The Excel object model is still available to other programs; however, other programs will not be able to automate Excel to use these programmability objects.
Uncompiled Add-ins (.xla files)An uncompiled add-in is an add-in file that was created by using VBA. If you open an uncompiled add-in, you receive the same warning as when you open a file that contains a regular VBA Project.
The following list contains some of the built-in add-ins that are unavailable:
- Analysis ToolPak
- Conditional Sum Wizard
- Euro Currency Tools
- Lookup Wizard
- All other add-ins, including Report Manager and add-ins from third-party vendors
Note Compiled add-ins such as .xll files, COM Add-ins, and Automation Add-ins are not affected by whether or not VBA is installed.
Menu items, toolbar buttons, and shortcut keys related to VBA
- All items under the Macro submenu of the Tools menu are unavailable, such as Macros, Record New Macro, and Visual Basic Editor
- The Standard Visual Basic toolbar is still available, but it is limited to three available buttons: Security, Control Toolbox, and Microsoft Script Editor.
- The Control Toolbox is available, but none of its buttons are available.
- The ALT+F11 shortcut key to switch to the Visual Basic Editor is disabled, as is the ALT+F8 shortcut key to open the Run Macros dialog box.
ACCRINT CUMIPMT HEX2BIN IMSUM PRICEMAT
ACCRINTM CUMPRINC HEX2DEC INTRATE QUOTIENT
AMORDEGRC DEC2BIN HEX2OCT ISEVEN RANDBETWEEN
AMORLINC DEC2HEX IMABS ISODD RECEIVED
BESSELI DEC2OCT IMAGINARY LCM SERIESSUM
BESSELJ DELTA IMARGUMENT MDURATION SQRTPI
BESSELK DISC IMCONJUGATE MROUND TBILLEQ
BESSELY DOLLARDE IMCOS MULTINOMIAL TBILLPRICE
BIN2DEC DOLLARFR IMDIV NETWORKDAYS TBILLYIELD
BIN2HEX DURATION IMEXP NOMINAL WEEKNUM
BIN2OCT EDATE IMLN OCT2BIN WORKDAY
COMPLEX EFFECT IMLOG10 OCT2DEC XIRR
CONVERT EOMONTH IMLOG2 OCT2HEX XNPV
COUPDAYBS ERF IMPOWER ODDFPRICE YEARFRAC
COUPDAYS ERFC IMPRODUCT ODDFYIELD YIELD
COUPDAYSNC FACTDOUBLE IMREAL ODDLPRICE YIELDDISC
COUPNCD FVSCHEDULE IMSIN ODDLYIELD YIELDMAT
COUPNUM GCD IMSQRT PRICE
COUPPCD GESTEP IMSUB PRICEDISC