Consider the following scenario:
- You use Internet Explorer 10 on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- You set Internet Explorer 10 as the default program to open webpages.
- You run an application that uses the LaunchFileAsync method on the computer, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
- You try to open an .html, .xml, or .gif file from inside the application.
Note The LaunchFileAsync method is used to start the default app that is associated with the specified file.
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.
Security update informationTo resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
- This update was first included in the following security update:2817183 MS13-028: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: April 9, 2013
- For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft websites:
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2833082 - Last Review: Feb 25, 2015 - Revision: 1