When you try to sign in to Office 365, Microsoft Azure, or Microsoft Intune by using Azure Multi-Factor Authentication, you receive the following error message:
We didn't receive a response. Please try again.
This issue can occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The phone call wasn't answered.
- Your provider couldn’t send the call.
- Your provider couldn't send the SMS message.
- A time-out occurred because there was no response and SMS authentication failed.
- The phone number wasn't set up correctly in the security verification settings.
To resolve this issue, do one or more of the following:
- Make sure that the phone is working correctly. If you're using a mobile phone, make sure that your mobile service is available.
- Make sure that you have the correct phone number and country code listed in the security verification settings.
- If you had set up other options for security verification, click Other verification options, and then try again by selecting a different option. Also, make sure that your phone numbers are correct in your user account settings.