When you try to sign in to Office 365, Microsoft Azure, or Microsoft Intune by using Azure Multi-Factor Authentication, you receive the following error message:
We did not receive the expected response. Please try again.
This issue can occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The wrong verification code was entered.
- You selected Cancel on the Azure Multi-Factor Authentication Mobile App verification screen.
To resolve this issue, do one of the following:
- If you’re using the text message or verification code from the mobile app notification option, make sure that you type the correct verification code, and then try again to sign in.
- If you're using the mobile app notification option, make sure that you tap Verify and not Cancel.
- To use a different option to sign in, select Other verification options.