- You install the Remote Desktop Session Host role service on a computer that is running Windows Server 2012.
- You publish Microsoft Outlook 2010 as the RemoteApp application on the computer.
- You connect to the RemoteApp application by using the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 8.0 from a client computer that is running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows 8.
Note To use RDP 8.0 on Windows 7 SP1, you must have update 2592687 installed.
- You maximize the main window of the RemoteApp application. For example, you maximize the Outlook 2010 main window.
- You open an email message by double-clicking it, and then you maximize the email message window.
- You close the email message window by pressing the ESC key.
- You open another email message by double-clicking it.
In this scenario, the email message window appears briefly, and then the main Outlook window takes the foreground focus from the email message window.
This problem occurs only if you maximize the email message window and cause Outlook to open all subsequent message windows as maximized.
Note This problem may also occur in other RemoteApp applications.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows 8
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2862019 - Last Review: Aug 13, 2013 - Revision: 1