This update fxes the following issues:
- You cannot synchronize an Office 365 account in Outlook 2010. Additionally, you receive an "80040600" error in the sync logs.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You add a new contact that has a birthday in Outlook 2010.
- You change the view of the Contacts folder to a table view, such as the List view.
- You add the Birthday or Anniversary field to the table view.
- You change the time zone setting in Outlook Options.
- Assume that you create a new conditional formatting that filters items by a specific category. In this situation, the conditional formatting may not work for the items that contain one or more categories except the given category.
- Assume that you have a calendar in a public folder. Then, you search items in the calendar in Outlook 2010. When the search result is returned, Outlook may crash if you try to open the calendar by clicking it on the Navigation pane.
- Assume that you open a folder in a shared mailbox by using Editor permission in Outlook 2010. When you try to change the retention policy of the folder in the Properties dialog box, the dialog box is too small to display all the text and the menu.
- When you try to access shared folders or calendars in Outlook 2010, you may receive repeated password prompts or the following error message: Cannot display the folder.
- Assume you configure Outlook 2010 to connect to your mailbox by using the MAPI over HTTP protocol. Then you add a shared mailbox that is connected by using remote procedure call RPC over HTTP. In this situation, you may see many Autodiscover requests. This causes the connections to take longer than expected.
- You cannot open a meeting in a resource mailbox by using a delegate account in Outlook 2010. Additionally, you may receive the following error message: Note In this error message, <User A> represents the owner of the resource mailbox.You do not have permission to view this calendar...Do you want to ask User A to share his or her Calendar with you?
Download CenterThis update is available only for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Download Update KB2878264 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2010
- Download Update KB2878264 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2010
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2878264 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2