This update includes stability and performance improvements. Please note that this update does not apply to Microsoft Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
Issues that the update resolves
- When you select a custom template in PowerPoint 2013, you cannot preview the custom template.
- After you install the July 2014 cumulative update for Office 2013, Office programs may crash when you use the File tab (also known as the Office Backstage view).
How to download and install the update
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2883052 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB2883052 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
How to determine if my Office installation is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as OneNote 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all Versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website: