We recommend that you also apply update rollup 2884846 after you apply this update rollup.
How to obtain the update
This update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is automatically installed.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you immediately install this update through Windows Update.
This update rollup includes the following performance and reliability improvements:
- Push-button reset and boot experience: Stabilizes the boot experience. (Client and Server) Fits and finishes changes in push-button reset (PBR) and refresh. (Client only)
- In-box apps: Provides reliability and stabilization fixes for inbox apps, including Camera, Photo, and Video Viewer. Stabilizes OneDrive integration with inbox apps. (Client)
- Graphics and multimedia platform: Improves graphics and multimedia reliability and performance, including stabilized visuals across power states. Improves 3D performance. Improves the handling of PlayTo. (Client)
- File server and clustering: Improves Enterprise Client Sync experience. Resolves reliability issues in continuous availability (CA) and backup scenarios involving failover clustering, Hyper-V, iSCSI and DedDup. (Server)
- Hyper-V: Provides general virtualization reliability fixes in Hyper-V, Network Virtualization, and Remote Desktop Virtualization for large deployments. (Server)
The following known issues may occur after you apply this update:
- When you scan and send a document from a Multifunction Print (MFP) device by using the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol to a file share on a Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2-based computer, the scan file cannot be saved to the file share and you receive an error message indicating that send operation failed.
A fix is scheduled to be included with the upcoming update rollup in November 2013.
- You experience an error when resuming a computer from hibernation, and a blank screen is shown. This issue may occur with some computers that have TPM chips enabled.
Microsoft is aware of this issue, and this article will be updated when a fix is available.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, or Windows RT 8.1.
Update 2894179 is a prerequisite of update 2883200 and update 2894029 on Intel® Atom™ Processor Z3700 series and N28xx/N29xx family series based computers. Therefore, install update 2894179 before you install update 2883200 and update 2894029.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
File hash table
The following table lists the thumbprints of the certificates that are used to sign the updates(.msu). Verify the certificate thumbprint in this KB article against the certificate thumbprint indicated on the update that you download.
|Filename||SHA1 and SHA2|
|Windows8.1-KB2883200-arm.msu||SHA1: 6AC4344DD9AE2FFEF29E44C8935D536A978CC468 |
|Windows8.1-KB2883200-x64.msu||SHA1: D5D279542962EC6AE5583180DBE5115CA847E9E4 |
|Windows8.1-KB2883200-x86.msu||SHA1: 5685B7C2072960B53405A93F510911A69B14E06E |
|Windows8.1-KB2894029-arm.msu||SHA1: 451905F91B736E52B114FD4F5F79F70E85B8D638 |
|Windows8.1-KB2894029-x64.msu||SHA1: 62BBF011467B9C93B285628477CE141092854722 |
|Windows8.1-KB2894029-x86.msu||SHA1: 7973339219BFA50045E30E9BD0B5225194D7589A |
|Windows8.1-KB2894179-arm.msu||SHA1: 5BFAB282FF1857C1C032DEC45C7A057701D31FF5 |
|Windows8.1-KB2894179-x64.msu||SHA1: 5CDF164F8A1A8A36F997873BC636CEFFCF82090F |
|Windows8.1-KB2894179-x86.msu||SHA1: AB147F0CA78E341E733E7F7A1DDE26AD1AC239D7 |