This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft System Center 2012. Additionally, this article contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2012.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Virtual Machine Manager Server update (KB2888940)
Issue 1The Virtual Machine Manager Service may crash while it is performing cluster maintenance.
Issue 2Virtual Machine Manager cannot update the VMWare host, the virtual machine, or networking information.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2012
Download informationThe update package is available from Microsoft.
- To obtain and install the update from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a system that has the Virtual Machine Manager Server component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup 7 package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
- To manually download the update package from Microsoft Update Catalog, go to the following Microsoft website:
Virtual Machine Manager Server update (KB2888940)msiexec.exe /update packagenameFor example, to install the Virtual Machine Manager Server Update (KB2888940), run the following command:msiexec.exe /update KB2888940_vmmServer_amd64.msp