Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Improvements and Fixes
Note You can disable this improvement by following the instructions in the "Registry information" section.
How to download and install the update
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and install from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB2899522 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB2899522 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
After you install the hotfix package, to prevent the graphics drivers being added to the block list, you can follow these steps:
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 7, click Start, type regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search, type regedit in the search text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\Graphics\Blocklist\
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableBlocklist, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Details pane, right-click DisableBlocklist, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
PrerequisitesTo install this hotfix package, you must have Office 2013 installed.
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|