Important It is imperative that you review the installation instructions before you install this update.
IssuesUpdate Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager resolves the following issues:
- System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager cannot deploy a new or imported VMWare template.
- A virtual machine with that uses VHDX cannot be refreshed correctly in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager, and you receive the following error message:
Refresh job failed with error 2912: The requested operation cannot be performed on the virtual disk as it is currently used in shared mode (0xC05CFF0A)
- Database operations sometimes fail with "FailedToAcquireLockException."
- A new virtual machine template from a template that specifies an operating system profile doesn't use credentials from the operating system profile.
- Virtual machines in VMWare that connect by the using Cisco N1000V dvSwitch are unavailable for management from Virtual Machine Manager.
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager service crashes if you disable one of the teamed network adapters.
- The Get-Scstoragearray -host command should return storage arrays that are visible to a host that is using zoning.
- During the discovery of a network-attached storage (NAS) provider, the credentials that are used do not include a domain name.
- Some localized strings are not displayed correctly in the UI.
- A query to find the certificate should match both the subject name and the friendly name because FindBySubjectName is a wildcard search.
- Template deployment fails, and you receive the following error message:Error (2904)
VMM could not find the specified path on the <Server name> server.
The system cannot find the path specified (0x80070003)
- Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) cannot be mounted on a host because VHD conflicts with other disks because of a stale entry that was left in the dictionary of Virtual Machine Manager memory.
- Differencing disk based deployment may fail because the parent disk is being refreshed as noncached.
Installation instructionsThere are two update packages for Update Rollup 1 for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2. They can be manually downloaded from the following links.
Virtual Machine Manager Server (KB2904712)Download the VMM Server update package now.
Virtual Machine Manager Console (KB2919248)Download the VMM Console update package now.
To manually install the update packages, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:
For example, to install the Update Rollup 1 package for a System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager server (KB2904712), run the following command:
Important After you install the update package, you must apply the following SQL script on your Virtual Machine Manager Microsoft SQL Server database for Update Rollup 1 to function correctly.
/* script starts here */
ALTER Procedure [dbo].[prc_RBS_UserRoleSharedObjectRelation_Insert]
@UserOrGroup varbinary (85),
@ForeignAccount nvarchar (256),
@ExistingID uniqueidentifier = NULL OUTPUT
SET NOCOUNT ON
SELECT @ExistingID = [ID] FROM [dbo].[tbl_RBS_UserRoleSharedObjectRelation]
WHERE [ObjectID] = @ObjectID AND [RoleID] = @RoleID
-- Select owner OR Select all which matches ForeignAccount or UserOrGroup OR
-- both ForeignAccount and UserOrGroup is NULL
(([UserOrGroup] = @UserOrGroup OR [ForeignAccount] = @ForeignAccount) OR
([UserOrGroup] IS NULL AND @UserOrGroup IS NULL AND [ForeignAccount] IS NULL AND @ForeignAccount IS NULL))
/* Ignore duplicate entries */
IF (@ExistingID IS NULL)
SET NOCOUNT OFF
/* script ends here */
Note After Update Rollup 1 for Virtual Machine Manager is installed, you may experience one of the following issues:
- When you try to import an add-in into the Virtual Machine Manager console, the import may be unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
An error occurred while trying to create an add-in folder for your account:
Access to the path: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Virtual Machine Manager\bin\AddInPipeline\AddIns" is denied.
- When you open the VMM console, you receive the following error message:
Could not update managed code add-in pipeline due to the following error:
The required folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Virtual Machine Manager\bin\AddInPipeline\HostSideAdapters" does not exist.
- Locate the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Virtual Machine Manager\bin
- Right-click the AddInPipeline folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click Continue.
- Select the BUILTIN group, and then click Edit.
- Click the Select a principal link, type Authenticated Users, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close each dialog box that is associated with the properties.