- You have a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V host and a Windows Server 2012 guest virtual machine (VM).
- You start Windows Server Backup on the host operating system.
- You click Backup Schedule to start the backup schedule wizard and then click Next.
- You select Custom on the Select Backup Configuration tab and then click Next.
- You click Add Items, select the host component and the guest VM, and then complete the wizard.
- You restart the host operating system.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.