This article describes the update rollup for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 that is dated February 2014. This update rollup package includes performance and reliability improvements. We recommend that you apply this update rollup as part of your regular maintenance routines.
Issues that this update fixesThis update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2920469 You cannot change the schedule for CAU self-updating mode in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 by using CAU GUI
- 2917475 External widescreen display renders abnormally when rotating screen to portrait mode in Windows 8
- 2922695 IP addresses are unusable after the DHCP migration to Windows Server 2012
- 2922694 Reserved IP can be issued to any client if DHCP failover is configured in Windows Server 2012
How to obtain the update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is installed automatically.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you install this update through Windows Update immediately.
Microsoft Download Center You can also obtain the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, go to the Microsoft Download Center, and then search for KB2919393.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
For more information about Windows Update, go to the following Microsoft websites:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates