Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2 based computer that is equipped with Qualcomm Atheros WB222 or WB221 chips.
- You use a Bluetooth DUN (dial-up networking) connection.
- You resume the computer from sleep or hibernation.
STOP: 0x00000050 (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
- The Stop error 0x00000050 describes a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA issue.
- The parameters in this Stop error message vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all "Stop 0x00000050" errors are caused by this issue.
This issue occurs because of a race condition in driver rfcomm.sys.
To resolve this issue, install update 2919355. For more information about how to obtain update 2919355, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2919355 Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 Update April, 2014
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates