- You use the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) on a computer that runs Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012 to manage a domain.
- You locate and then enable the following policy in a Group Policy Object (GPO). To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type gpmc.msc in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Expand User Configuration, and then expand Preference.
- Right-click Internet Settings, click New and then click Internet Explorer 10.
- Click LAN settings on the Connections tab, select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
- Set the proxy, for example, Proxy1, Port: 80, and then click OK.
- You open the item again, click the Advanced button in the LAN settings dialog box, and then click OK.
To resolve this issue in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, install the hotfix that is described in this article.
Update information for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2For more information about how to obtain update 2919355, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix information for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.