Get Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Issues that the update rollup resolves
Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2960652 Organizer name and meeting status field can be changed by EAS clients in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2957762 "A folder with same name already exists" error when you rename an Outlook folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2952799 Event ID 2084 occurs and Exchange server loses connection to the domain controllers in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2934091 Event ID 1000 and 7031 when users cannot connect to mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2932402 Cannot move a mailbox after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU3 (KB2891587)
- 2931842 EWS cannot identify the attachment in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2928703 Retention policy is applied unexpectedly to a folder when Outlook rule moves a copy in Exchange Server 2010
- 2927265 Get-Message cmdlet does not respect the defined write scope in Exchange Server 2010
- 2925273 Folder views are not updated when you arrange by categories in Outlook after you apply Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 Update Rollup 3 or Update Rollup 4
- 2924592 Exchange RPC Client Access service freezes when you open an attached file in Outlook Online mode in Exchange Server 2010
- 2923865 Cannot connect to Exchange Server 2010 when the RPC Client Access service crashes
- 2920549 Store.exe crashes if you create a deeply nested subfolder in Outlook
PrerequisitesTo apply this update rollup, you must have Exchange Server 2010 SP3 installed.
Important Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3before you apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
How to install the updateCheck out the following general information about how to install the latest update rollup for Exchange Server 2010:
Install the Latest Update Rollup for Exchange 2010
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
This behavior is caused by network requests to connect to the following website:
Creating Native images for .Net assemblies.
These network requests represent attempts to access the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code. However, because the Exchange server is not connected to the Internet, each request must wait to time out before the process continues.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web Appfiles.
When you apply an update rollup package, the update process updates the Outlook Web App files if it is required. Therefore, any customizations to the Logon.aspx file or to other Outlook Web App files are overwritten, and you must re-create the Outlook Web App customizations in Logon.aspx.
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in any particular order.
The required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 2936871.
You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates