Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
- Assume that you apply conditional formatting to many noncontiguous ranges in an Excel workbook. When you change the value of the cells within the given ranges, you may experience slow performance in Excel 2013.
- The second vertical scrollbar may work incorrectly in an embedded Excel worksheet that contains split or frozen panes.
- The VBA project of the Exptoows.xla file does not contain a valid digital signature.
- Assume that you open an Excel workbook in Page Layout view in Excel 2013. When you click a cell that uses Data Validation, the drop-down arrow may not appear.
- Assume that you install a VSTO application-level add-in for Excel that contains a BeforeSave or BeforeClose event handler. Then, you open many Excel workbooks. After you right-click the Excel taskbar button, click Close all Windows, and then click Save for each workbook. In this situation, the code within the event handler is not executed successfully except for the last workbook. Similarly, assume that you open many macro-enabled Excel workbooks, and each workbook contains a BeforeSave or BeforeClose event handler. After you right-click the Excel taskbar button, click Close all Windows, and then click Save for each workbook. In this situation, you may receive a run-time error message for each workbook except for the last one. Additionally, the code within the event handler is not executed successfully except for the last workbook.
Note The Close all Windows option is available when the Excel taskbar buttons are combined (grouped).
- Updates Excel 2013 to work correctly with design changes that were made to the Microsoft Forms ActiveX Control (FM20.dll) shared component library. For more information, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:3025036 "Cannot insert object" error in an ActiveX custom Office solution after you install the MS14-082 security update
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2956145 for 32-bit version of Excel 2013
- Download update KB2956145 for 64-bit version of Excel 2013
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
PrerequisitesTo install this hotfix package, you must have Microsoft Office 2013 or Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 installed.
Known issues with this update
- After you install this security update, Excel may stop responding (hang) when you copy and paste content between worksheets. To resolve this issue, install the following update on all affected computers.2965275 April 14, 2015, update for Excel 2013
Office 2013 (Click-to-Run installations)
Office 2013 Click-to-Run (C2R) clients should automatically receive updates that include this fix. Verify that you are running version 15.0.4711.1002 or a later version to make sure that the fix will be installed. If you are not running version 15.0.4711.1002 or a later version, you can force an online manual repair of Office 2013 to make sure that you obtain the most recent updates.
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Excel 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
Article ID: 2956145 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2