This article describes the improvements and fixes that were previously available in update 2956191 for Microsoft Office 2010 and are now available in security update 4464566 (see the "Resolution" section).
Improvements and fixes
- Enables Office 2010 applications to call a service that delivers contextual messages for display in the applications.
- Fixes the following issues:
- When you use certain printers and select to print a document as black-and-white, the document may print by using color ink instead.
- You cannot open a link if the link address contains more than 1,033 characters in an email message in Outlook 2010.
- The Get services on Office Marketplace link on the Research pane in an Office 2010 application is removed because the service is obsolete. You can go to Office Store to find available applications.
- When an application other than Outlook loads MAPI, the application may crash. This issue occurs if the mailbox connection uses the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol.
See the information about the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office.