Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
- When you open a project document from a SharePoint Server 2013 document library, the document is opened in read-only mode, and you cannot change the option to edit the document.
- Some fields such as the % Comp. and the Date fields are not displayed in the Links Between Projects dialog box in Project 2013.
- When you use the week-by-week basis to level resources for a project in Project 2013, Project 2013 may stop responding.
- When you make some changes to a project in a form view such as the Task Form view in Project 2013, the unsaved changes may be lost. This issue occurs if Project 2013 is integrated with Microsoft Lync and your status is changed in Lync.
Note To disable the Lync integration, follow the steps in the "Registry Information" section after you apply the update.
- When you merge the data of an .xml file into a project in Project 2013, levelling delays of all tasks are reset unexpectedly. Additionally, the total task work may be increased in some cases.
- You cannot complete a task that has milestone assignments (assignments that contain zero work) and in which the Only allow task updates via Tasks and Timesheets option is enabled in the Task Settings and Display dialog box in Project Web App.
- When you use Project 2013 to publish a project and the Do not create a site option is enabled, Project 2013 continuously requests data from the server about the nonexistent site.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB2965279 for 32-bit version of Project 2013
- Download update KB2965279 for 64-bit version of Project 2013
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 7, click Start, type regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search, type regedit in the search text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\MS Project\Settings
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableIMStatus, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Details pane, right-click DisableIMStatus, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
PrerequisiteTo apply this update, you must have Microsoft Project 2013 Service Pack 1 installed.
- Start Project 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
Article ID: 2965279 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2