This article describes cumulative update package 11 (Build number: 11.0.3449.0) for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) . This update contains hotfixes for issues that were fixed after the release of SQL Server 2012 SP1.
How to obtain this cumulative update package
Click "Hotfix Download Available" at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If the "Hotfix Request" page doesn't appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
|VSTS bug number||KB article number||Description||Fix area|
|2556590||2936984||FIX: "Failed to generate dynamic snapshot" when you call sp_MScreatemergedynamicsnapshot in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2525247||2952260||FIX: New FILESTREAM Filegroup can’t be recognized when you alter a partition function with SPLIT RANGE in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2363899||2962767||FIX: "Cannot insert duplicate key" error occurs in Spool operation when you update a table in SQL Server 2012||SQL performance|
|2365851||2963137||FIX: Incorrect result is returned when you query multiple dimension members in MDX and DAX in SSAS 2012||Analysis Services|
|2556601||2963408||FIX: Error 5180 occurs when you query BLOB column data in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2415767||2965069||FIX: Incorrect result when you execute a query that uses WITH RECOMPILE option in SQL Server 2012||SQL performance|
|2442076||2965654||FIX: SSRS 2012 report is cut horizontally after you apply Update MS13-088 on a computer||Reporting Services|
|2437139||2965758||FIX: Memory leak occurs when you start and stop an XEvent session repeatedly in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2442014||2965922||FIX: Issue when you configure scheduled data refresh for the PowerPivot workbook in SharePoint 2013||BI Azure|
|2403797||2967103||FIX: Service broker stops working when you unregister and remove a session in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2525259||2967240||FIX: Cannot reclaim unused space by using shrink operation in the table that contains a LOB column in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2468660||2967594||FIX: Fatal exception when you run a query that contains CLR functions against an indexed view in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2515401||2968909||FIX: Access violation when you query sys.extended_properties table in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2515449||2968914||FIX: Undetected deadlock occurs when you use a sequence object in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2681957||2969896||FIX: Data corruption occurs in clustered index when you run online index rebuild in SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014||SQL performance|
|2551031||2970421||FIX: The database sticks in role configuration phase when you perform a manual failover of a mirrored database||High Availability|
|2598016||2972411||FIX: Error when you print, print preview, or export the report to PDF in SSRS 2012||Reporting Services|
|2425939||2972463||FIX: Report cache is not cleaned up after the cache expiration when you use SSRS 2012 in SharePoint integrated mode||Reporting Services|
|2610505||2972996||FIX: Error when you execute a Transact-SQL query that contains a long case statement in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2521049||2973561||FIX: Error when you insert a record into a FileTable or FILESTREAM in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2624969||2973921||FIX: "allow mixed content" popup when you use PowerView that contains map data in SSRS 2012 on SharePoint website||Reporting Services|
|2445517||2974948||FIX: SQL Server resource goes offline when you change password for service account in SQL Server 2012||Management Tools|
|2425013||2975322||FIX: The blank value does not equal to the NULL value in a business rules in MDS of SQL Server 2012||Data Quality Services (DQS)|
|2415102||2975385||FIX: User obtains incorrect data when two users in the same security role run the same client report in SSAS 2012||Analysis Services|
|2778334||2975402||FIX: Log Reader Agent crashes during initialization when you use transactional replication in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2679072||2975498||FIX: Cannot view Power View sheet from SharePoint 2013 when a workbook use certain Korean characters as file name||Reporting Services|
|2522972||2976953||FIX: The DAX query with filter returns incorrect result after you run a DAX query without any filters in SSAS 2012||Analysis Services|
|2689849||2976966||FIX: Cannot install the Windows Forms application that has ReportViewer control||Reporting Services|
|2403004||2977271||FIX: Poor performance when you create spatial index on Point data in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2777901||2979121||FIX: Log Reader Agent fails when you upgrade from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2735399||2979304||FIX: Error when you run RBS Maintainer in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2718528||2980395||FIX: A sever error occurs when you run a query that uses a hash join parallel execution plan in SQL Server 2012||SQL performance|
Notes for this update
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2012 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server to the latest SQL Server 2012 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
When you deploy the hotfixes to a hybrid environment (Such as AlwaysOn, replication, cluster, mirroring, and cluster), we recommend that you go and refer to the following articles before you deploy them:
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
If you do not want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests servicerestart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, go and see the article from the following MSDN blog:
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
Cumulative update package information
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2012 SP1.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2012.
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.