|VSTS bug number||KB article number||Description||Fix area|
|2556594||2936984||FIX: "Failed to generate dynamic snapshot" when you call sp_MScreatemergedynamicsnapshot in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2714497||2952444||FIX: Poor performance when you use table variables in SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014||SQL performance|
|2578278||2954861||FIX: "Query Timeout Expired" when you preview a command of an SSIS package in SSDT||Integration Services|
|2578282||2957768||FIX: Excel rendering extension produces corrupted files when rendering a NaN or Infinity value in SSRS 2012 or SSRS 2014||Reporting Services|
|2578276||2957957||FIX: Attributes sort incorrectly after you use the Attribute Properties function in SQL Server MDS Add-in for Excel||Data Quality Services (DQS)|
|2578288||2959342||FIX: Data-driven subscription can't be created when the driving query takes longer than 30 seconds to execute in SQL Server||Reporting Services|
|2319134||2960924||FIX: Cannot open the memory-optimized table template remotely in SQL Server 2014||Management Tools|
|2578302||2961559||FIX: Incorrect folder when deploying SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014 PowerPivot solutions by using SharePoint 2013 Central Admin||Analysis Services|
|2578304||2963372||FIX: Sub-total of calculated measure is incorrect (non-filtered) when you execute MDX query in SSAS 2012 or SSAS 2014||Analysis Services|
|2823096||2963386||FIX: SSRS 2012 or SSRS 2014 fails with IsolatedStorageException when subscriptions exported to Excel worksheets are larger than 10 MB||Reporting Services|
|2782748||2963668||FIX: w3wp.exe process crashes during merge replication with SQL Server Compact subscribers and precomputed partitions||SQL service|
|2578285||2963836||FIX: "Parameter missing value" error when you use a drillthrough report in SharePoint in SSRS 2012 or SSRS 2014||Reporting Services|
|2525292||2967635||FIX: Incorrect DBA reference of business rules after you upgrade SQL Server 2008 R2 MDS to SQL Server 2012 MDS or SQL Server 2014 MDS||DQS|
|2504388||2968418||FIX: "Non-yielding scheduler" error when you insert or update many rows in one transaction in SQL Server 2014||In-Memory OLTP|
|2906109||2968909||FIX: Access violation when you query sys.extended_properties table in SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014||SQL service|
|2906113||2973561||FIX: Error when you insert a record into a FileTable or FILESTREAM in SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014||SQL service|
|2906095||2975322||FIX: Blank value is set to NULL value in a business rule in MDS of SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014||DQS|
|2906139||2975402||FIX: Log Reader Agent crashes during initialization when you use transactional replication in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2515653||2975434||FIX: Error when you complete an SSAS 2014 image after specifying a non-default root directory||Analysis Services|
|2782757||2977312||FIX: Incorrect result when you use LIKE pattern to match the Japanese repeat character (Cho-On) in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2906893||2978472||FIX: UPDATE or INSERT statement on CCI makes sys.partitions not match actual row count in SQL Server 2014||SQL service|
|2906137||2979121||FIX: Log Reader Agent fails when you upgrade from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014||SQL service|
|2906141||2979587||FIX: Image completion setup fails when you use SysPrep to install localized version of SQL Server||Setup & Install|
|2789872||2981764||FIX: Cannot create indexed view on a clustered columnstore index and BCP on the table fails in SQL Server 2014||SQL service|
|2796999||2984628||FIX: Auto-statistics creation increases the compilation time for natively compiled stored procedure in SQL Server 2014||In-Memory OLTP|
|2797130||2984629||FIX: LCK_M_SCH_M occurs when you access memory-optimized table variables outside natively compiled stored procedures||In-Memory OLTP|
|2531271||2984907||FIX: "The current SQL Server edition is not supported by MDS" error when you browse to the MDS website||DQS|
|2704551||2986081||FIX: An access violation occurs when you use UPDATE STATISTICS on a computed column in SQL Server 2014||SQL performance|
|2828009||2988552||Update enables SQLDOM to support "service_objective" in the Microsoft Azure SQL Database||SQL service|
|2718825||2989704||FIX: Some columns in sys.column_store_segments view show NULL value when the table has non-dbo schema in SQL Server 2014||SQL service|
|2895169||2989715||FIX: Dimension attribute is lost in Excel PivotTable Field List when you set AttributeHierarchyDisplayFolder to "\" in SSDT-BI||Analysis Services|
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2014 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server to the next SQL Server 2014 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
If you do not want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests servicerestart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, go and see the article from the following MSDN blog:
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2014.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2014.
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.
Article ID: 2984923 - Last Review: Aug 22, 2014 - Revision: 1