This update is no longer available. To fix the issues that are described in this article, install the latest Microsoft Exchange Server update from the following Microsoft Docs article:
Microsoft provides download files only for N-2 versions for an Exchange Server cumulative update (CU), where "N" is the latest CU. The latest CU can be used to recover servers that are running Exchange Server. This includes servers that have a previous CU installed.
Update Rollup 8 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) was rereleased on December 12, 2014 to address an issue in the December 9, 2014 release. This update rollup resolves security issues and various issues. Before you install this update, you must remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. Also, see this important information about installing this update.
Issues that the update rollup resolves
Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 resolves security issues that are described in December 2014 security update for Exchange Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2010.
Additionally, this update resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 3004235 Exchange Server meetings in Russian time zones as well as names of time zones are incorrect after October 26, 2014
- 3009132 Hybrid mailbox moves to on-premises environment but finishes with CompletedWithWarnings status
- 3008999 IRM restrictions are applied to incorrectly formatted .docx, .pptx, or .xlsx files in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 3008370 Group members are not sorted by display name when HAB is used with OAB in Exchange Server 2010
- 3008308 Public folder database migration issue in a mixed Exchange Server environment
- 3007794 Hub Transport server cannot deliver messages when a database fails over to a cross-site DAG in Exchange Server 2010
- 3004521 An Exchange server loses its connection to domain controllers if a public folder server is down in Exchange Server 2010
- 2999016 Unreadable characters when you import ANSI .pst files of Russian language by using the New-MailboxImportRequest cmdlet
- 2995148 Changing distribution group takes a long time in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2992692 Retention policy is not applied to Information Rights Management protected voice mail messages in Exchange Server 2010
- 2987982 Issues caused by ANSI mode in Exchange Server 2010
- 2987104 Email message is sent by using the "Send As" instead of "Send on Behalf" permission in Exchange Server 2010
- 2982017 Incorrect voice mail message duration in Exchange Server 2013 and Exchange Server 2010
- 2977279 You cannot disable journaling for protected voice mail in Exchange Server 2013 and Exchange Server 2010
This update also includes new daylight saving time (DST) updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. For more information about DST, go to the following Microsoft website:
Installing this update on a DBCS version of Windows Server 2012You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.