Issues that the update fixes
This update fixes the following issues of Lync Room System:
- A contact receives a call in a Lync client instead of on a mobile phone when you dial the contact’s telephone number in Lync Room System. This issue occurs when the number is in the address book.
- The "loading" message appears in the front of room touch displays in Lync Room System when desktop sharing can be seen in other Lync clients in a meeting.
- You receive the "Nothing's being presented" message in the Content tab when the content is presented in Lync Room System.
- The Room PC View icon is still active after the computer connection is lost or is reset.
Improvements that the update provides
This update provides the following improvements for Lync Room System:
- Set the "on-screen keyboard" clicks off as default.
- Replace the "Find someone using the search box" text with the "Find someone or dial a number" text on the invite participant screen.
- Add the functionality to use Lync Room System without changing any settings, names or domains for an administrator who has different Exchange (SMTP) and Lync (SIP URI) domain names.
- Provide improved error messages when you check updates.
How to install the updateTo install the update for Lync Room System, use one of the following methods.
Note To use System Center Operations Manager to monitor the health of Lync Room System, you must join Lync Room System to the domain before you install the update.
- If you have installed the April update for Lync Room System and then joined the system to the domain, you must restore Lync Room System to factory settings and then join the domain before you install the September update.
- If you had joined the system to the domain before you installed the April update, you can install the September update directly.
For more information about how to join Lync Room System to the domain, go to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
2933446 If you run System Center Operations Manager 2012, join Lync Room System to the domain before you install the April 2014 update
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart requirementYou must restart the Lync Room System device after you install this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the following update:
2962967 Update 2962967 for Lync Room System: June 2014
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates