|VSTS bug number||KB article number||Description||Fix area|
|2782746||2963668||FIX: w3wp.exe process crashes during merge replication with SQL Server Compact subscribers and precomputed partitions||SQL service|
|2840611||2973961||FIX: Non-convergence or merge agent failure occurs when you use a custom stored procedure resolver in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2840612||2975743||FIX: Incorrect result and exception occur when you use MDX query to do session cube grouping in SSAS||Analysis Services|
|2782755||2977312||FIX: Incorrect result when you use LIKE pattern to match the Japanese repeat character (Cho-On) in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2799560||2982544||FIX: Slow to access “Explorer” or “System Administration” on MDM home page||Data Quality Services (DQS)|
|2879128||2986423||FIX: It takes a long time to add new columns to a table when the row size exceeds the maximum allowed size||SQL service|
|2891068||2986722||FIX: Error 7105 when you execute UPDATE on sparse column set while ONLINE INDEX REBUILD is running on the same table in SQL Server 2012||SQL performance|
|2905697||2987935||FIX: Long wait on CLR_CRST when you execute spatial query that is under heavy load in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2878729||2988667||FIX: Query results keep unchanged when filter is applied in a parent-child dimension with unary operators in SSAS 2012||Analysis Services|
|2795584||2989043||FIX: Access denied when you try to view report history on a SharePoint site with the View Items permission||Reporting Services|
|2627876||2989512||FIX: MDX query returns no result when the cache is not cleared after you run a previous query in OLAP or tabular model||Analysis Services|
|2719623||2989704||FIX: Some columns in sys.column_store_segments view show NULL value when the table has non-dbo schema in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2942539||2990152||FIX: Unexpected Simplified Chinese characters appear in TextData field of Distributed Replay trace in SQL Server 2012||Management Tools|
|2536028||2994993||FIX: Text in a hyperlink in its own paragraph is not indexed in full-text in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2012 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server to the latest SQL Server 2012 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
If you do not want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests servicerestart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, go and see the article from the following MSDN blog:
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation