This article describes cumulative update package 12 (Build number: 11.0.3470.0) for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) . This update contains hotfixes for issues that were fixed after the release of SQL Server 2012 SP1.
How to obtain this cumulative update package
Click "Hotfix Download Available" at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If the "Hotfix Request" page doesn't appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
|VSTS bug number||KB article number||Description||Fix area|
|2782746||2963668||FIX: w3wp.exe process crashes during merge replication with SQL Server Compact subscribers and precomputed partitions||SQL service|
|2840611||2973961||FIX: Non-convergence or merge agent failure occurs when you use a custom stored procedure resolver in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2840612||2975743||FIX: Incorrect result and exception occur when you use MDX query to do session cube grouping in SSAS||Analysis Services|
|2782755||2977312||FIX: Incorrect result when you use LIKE pattern to match the Japanese repeat character (Cho-On) in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2799560||2982544||FIX: Slow to access “Explorer” or “System Administration” on MDM home page||Data Quality Services (DQS)|
|2879128||2986423||FIX: It takes a long time to add new columns to a table when the row size exceeds the maximum allowed size||SQL service|
|2891068||2986722||FIX: Error 7105 when you execute UPDATE on sparse column set while ONLINE INDEX REBUILD is running on the same table in SQL Server 2012||SQL performance|
|2905697||2987935||FIX: Long wait on CLR_CRST when you execute spatial query that is under heavy load in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|2878729||2988667||FIX: Query results keep unchanged when filter is applied in a parent-child dimension with unary operators in SSAS 2012||Analysis Services|
|2795584||2989043||FIX: Access denied when you try to view report history on a SharePoint site with the View Items permission||Reporting Services|
|2627876||2989512||FIX: MDX query returns no result when the cache is not cleared after you run a previous query in OLAP or tabular model||Analysis Services|
|2719623||2989704||FIX: Some columns in sys.column_store_segments view show NULL value when the table has non-dbo schema in SQL Server||SQL service|
|2942539||2990152||FIX: Unexpected Simplified Chinese characters appear in TextData field of Distributed Replay trace in SQL Server 2012||Management Tools|
|2536028||2994993||FIX: Text in a hyperlink in its own paragraph is not indexed in full-text in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
Notes for this update
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2012 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server to the latest SQL Server 2012 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
When you deploy the hotfixes to a hybrid environment (Such as AlwaysOn, replication, cluster, mirroring, and cluster), we recommend that you go and refer to the following articles before you deploy them:
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
If you do not want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests servicerestart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, go and see the article from the following MSDN blog:
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
Cumulative update package information
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2012 SP1.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2012.
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.