Issues that this update fixes
- 3004905 Windows Hyper-V improvement for Linux virtual machines that have file systems that are larger than 2 TB
- 3004542 Windows Server 2012-based cluster responds to requests slowly
- 3004540 Memory usage becomes high when you run an application in Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012
- 2891362 A file copy operation fails when files or folders have long paths in Windows Explorer
- 3002653 Update to support AAC and LATM format audios in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8
- 2996928 Backup task fails with a time-out error in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- 3001266 Office documents freeze when saving through a slow network on a domain-joined computer in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8
Known issues in this updateSymptom
Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) backups might fail after you install update 3000853. This issue occurs because an incorrect version of hotfix 2996928 was included in KB3000853.
The KB3000853 update was re-released on November 25, 2014 to include the correct version of hotfix 2996928. If you have downloaded and installed a version of update 3000853 that is earlier than the November 25, 2014 version, you can obtain and install the revised update through Windows Update or by downloading the update from the Microsoft Download Center. Alternatively, you can install hotfix 2996928 separately.
How to obtain this update
Windows UpdateThis update is provided as an Important update from Windows Update. To obtain this update from Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- Tap or click Settings.
- In the search box, type Windows Update.
- Tap or click Install optional updates.
Microsoft Download CenterYou can obtain the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center.
Download the x86-based Windows 8 update package now.
Download the x64-based Windows 8 update package now.
Download the x64-based Windows Server 2012 update package now.
Note The update for Windows RT can be obtained only from Windows Update.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites to apply this update.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
File detail informationFor a list of the files that are provided in this update 3000853, download the file information for update 3000853.
File hash informationThe following table lists the thumbprints of the certificates that are used to sign the updates (.msu). Verify the certificate thumbprint in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article against the certificate thumbprint that is indicated on the update that you download.
|File name||SHA1 and SHA2|