Be aware that you may have KB3018269 installed for any of the following reasons:
- You applied the update to an existing instance of SQL Server 2014.
- You installed a new instance of SQL Server 2014 SP1 by using the KB3018269 “Slipstream Package” (for example, SQLServer2014SP1-FullSlipstream-x64-ENU).
- You installed any of the SQL Server 2014 SP1 Express Edition packages.
Script level upgrade for database 'master' failed because upgrade step 'SSIS_hotfix_install.sql' encountered error 3602, state 251, severity 25. This is a serious error condition which might interfere with regular operation and the database will be taken offline. If the error happened during upgrade of the 'master' database, it will prevent the entire SQL Server instance from starting. Examine the previous error log entries for errors, take the appropriate corrective actions and re-start the database so that the script upgrade steps run to completion.
Cannot recover the master database. SQL Server is unable to run. Restore master from a full backup, repair it, or rebuild it. For more information about how to rebuild the master database, see SQL Server Books Online. SQL Server shutdown has been initiated
Note The instance is then in an invalid and unusable state.
- Use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to uninstall version 12.0.4050.0 of SQL Server 2014 SP1 (KB3018269).
- Install SQL Server 2014 SP1 version 12.0.4100.1 (version 12.0.4100.1).