Note The update that is available from the Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Improvements and fixes
- Improves the timing of videos that are created when you use the export presentation as a video feature.
- Removes the prompt to download non-existing converters when you open legacy PowerPoint presentations.
- Removes the ability for a user to accidentally resize a slide past Microsoft PowerPoint’s maximum slide width and height limits.
- The OperatingSystem property in Microsoft PowerPoint’s Object Model now correctly reports the bit version of Microsoft Windows.
- Users can now drag a picture or a video into a placeholder shape when the focus is located on the PowerPoint window.
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB3023058 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB3023058 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|