Update Rollup 9 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) was released on March 17, 2015. This update rollup resolves various issues. Before you install this update, you must remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. Also, see this important information about installing this update.
Get Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Issues that the update rollup resolves
This update resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- KB 3032153 Recurring events in Calendar over DST are not adjusted on all ActiveSync devices in all Exchange Server environments
- KB 3029667 SMTP is not transported over TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 protocol in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 3017297 Event ID 3091 is logged and public folder replication fails in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 3011892 Exchange ActiveSync client displays an incorrect email address in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 3004486 A default application pool becomes unresponsive in Exchange Server 2010 that has more than 64 multirole servers
- KB 3012580 Senders receive a message copy after they click "Reply to All" in Exchange ActiveSync
This update also includes new daylight saving time (DST) updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. For more information about DST, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update detail information
Known issue with this updateAfter you install this update in your environment and apply DST update for Chile and Mexico, the calendar items are shifted incorrectly. To work around this issue, see Exchange Calendar items are shifted incorrectly when some Windows DST updates are applied (3048372).
Installation instructionsLearn more about how to install the latest update rollup for Exchange Server 2010.
Also learn about the following update installation scenarios.
Restart requirementThe required services are restarted automatically when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 3030085.
Installing this update on a DBCS version of Windows Server 2012You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.