About this update
Start menuThe Start menu completely replaces the modern Start screen, while preserving complete access to all Windows RT 8.1 applications.
How toUse the following methods to return to the Desktop and to use both desktop and immersive Internet Explorer at the same time.
Circular Frames for User Account PicturesSelected areas of the Windows RT 8.1 UI are improved to present user account pictures in circular frames. These areas include the following:
- The Logon screen
- Start screen and Start menu
- User Accounts Control Panel
- The immersive dialog box that appears when you add a new local account or Microsoft Account (MSA) to the system or when you link an existing local account to an MSA.
- The Account pictures in PC Settings > Personalize and PC Settings > Accounts.
- The Windows Security credential dialog box.
|If you install KB3033055 (released September 2015) after installing any Monthly Rollup dated November 2017 or later, your device may not start up properly.|| |
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
If you choose to install KB3033055, which is an optional update, we recommend that you install it before installing later update packages.