Add a new POP3 email account
- Select the Help & Settings menu, then slect Settings.
- In the left pane, select E-mail.
- Select Additional e-mail accounts.
- Select POP3 e-mail accounts, then select Add Account.
- On the Set up your POP3 e-mail account page, select Add Account and enter the User information, Sign-in information and Server information for your POP3 email account provider.
- Select Save Changes, then Done.
Received an email message with a blocked attachment
If you receive a message with a paper clip icon but no attachment, the file may have been blocked by the server to protect the safety of your computer. There are a few things you can do to receive the attachment:
- Ask the sender to scan the file for viruses and send you a clean copy. If a file contains a virus MSN can't clean, MSN blocks the file.
- Check with the sender to find out if the file was in a format that's easily infected by viruses. MSN blocks these types file formats automatically.
In both of the above cases, an alert will display when you open a message with a blocked attachment.