This update contains a set of software updates to the System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager release. It should be applied to all Service Manager 2012 R2 server installations. The following three executable files available:
- The System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager Update Rollups are cumulative. Therefore, this Update Rollup contains new payloads for the following updates together with the content that is included with the following System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager update rollups:
- You may experience a full sync of Active Directory for the first time after you install this update rollup. This causes a slow sync for first time only and the optimizations will come into action for later sync cycles.
You have to install SCSM2012R2_OD_KB3064088_AMD64_7.5.3079.402.exe on primary management server, after you deploy the Update Rollup 6. Check the Installation Instructions section.
- Service Manager 2012 R2 now supports Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- This update contains several improvements for a significant reduction in sync time of the System Center Configuration Manager (CM) connector and the Active Directory connector.
- The Active Directory connector sync schedule is now configurable through the console and Windows PowerShell.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- Issue 1
An MPSync jobs stops responding (hangs) after you import a new version of a management pack for System Center.
- Issue 2
The Active Directory connector group expansion workflow runs even if the corresponding connector is disabled.
- Issue 3
Active Directory connector sync fetches the same tombstone objects multiple times. This slows down the sync if the deployment has lots of deleted objects.
- Issue 4
If you use the extended screen to open forms, the SM console continues to try to open the form window in the extended display, even if the form no longer exists.
- Issue 5
Service Request and Problem management forms do not save the data changes that are made after you update the form.
- Issue 6
The Active Directory connector sync generates many warning events that specify Event ID 3305.
- Issue 7
If you delete a System Center Configuration Manager connector, the console hangs until all the associated configuration items are deleted.
- Issue 8
Additions are missed when the Configuration Manager database is hosted on a SQL Server Always On availability group and is successfully failed over to another node.
- Issue 9
The console crashes if lots of data or an image is pasted to the documentation tab of the release request.
- Issue 10
Groups & Users cannot be added to a user role from a domain that is two-way selective authenticated trust with the SM Management Server’s Domain.
- Issue 11
When the number of user CIs is large, the Global Operators Group takes a long time to return. This spikes the usage of memory and CPU in the SDK process.
- Issue 12
EMG and TypeSpace Cache calls are slow and makes the CPU spike when there are lots of enumerations in the Management Group.
- Issue 13
An exception occurs when you click an entity of a service on the Service Component tab.
- Issue 14
After you install Update Rollup 5 or Update Rollup 4, an exception occurs if you create a request offering with Cireson SMA Connector.
- Issue 15
A data type conversion error occurs after you install Update Rollup 5. For more information, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article:3045893 Data type conversion error after you install Update Rollup 5 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager