Note The update that is available from the Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Improvements and Fixes
- 3D effect of a shape does not work if the shape size is small or it is zoomed out.
Note You can set a "min pixel size" value for shapes that use a 3D effect. For more information, see 3D effect of a shape does not work if the shape size is small or zoomed out in Visio 2013 (KB3054893) .
- When you hover the mouse pointer over the smart tags of connection points in a .vsd file in Visio 2013, the drop-down list for the connection points are not displayed and you cannot access the action of the smart tags.
- Shapes and ruler are not displayed correctly if the page size is large.
Note After you install this update, you can follow the instructions in the Registry information section to change the behavior.
- You cannot insert pictures in Visio if a mandatory profile is configured.
- Organization charts that are created in Visio 2013 by using the Org Chart wizard may be incorrect if there are duplicate display names in Global Address Book (GAL). This issue occurs because only the first user name is used in creating the organization chart wizard.
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3039729 for 32-bit version of Visio 2013
- Download update KB3039729 for 64-bit version of Visio 2013
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search, type regedit in the search text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7, click Start, type regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry entry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Visio\Application\MaxCanvasPageSizeMultiplier
- In the Details pane, right-click MaxCanvasPageSizeMultiplier, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type a value, and then click OK.
- If the value is set to 0, 1, or any value of more than 100, the behavior is the default, as before.
- If the value is set to any value from 2 through 100, the maximum supported page size is increased according to the multiplies of the value that is entered for this registry key.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
PrerequisiteTo apply this update, you must have Microsoft Visio 2013 Service Pack 1 installed.
- Start Visio 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|