Be aware that the update in the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It doesn't apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
- You can't use Windows Search to search for content in Word documents that are created by SQL Server Reporting Services. This update improves compatibility for Word documents that are created by SQL Server Reporting Services.
- When you move email messages from a site mailbox to a SharePoint document library, the email messages may not be indexed, and you can't search for content in the message body. This update improves indexing support for contents of email messages (.msg files) that are moved from a site mailbox to a SharePoint document library.
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3039756 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB3039756 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|