Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Improvements and Fixes
- Improves Outlook 2013 to use an X-header to be the SMTP address of a mailbox but not the credential username.
- Enables users to use applications that require version 1.2 of requirement sets in Outlook 2013.
- Adds the Store button to the Home tab ribbon in Outlook 2013.
Note To enable this function, see update adds the Store button to the Home tab ribbon in Outlook 2013 (KB3054849) .
- Hides the Apps chunk that contains the Store button on the Home tab ribbon when it is not supported in the current version of Outlook 2013.
- Reduces the number of the HTTP requests that are needed for Exchange Web Services (EWS) communication between Outlook and Exchange.
- Translates the Reply with Attachments application program interfaces (APIs) and the Store button to multiple languages to make sure the accuracy of the meaning in Outlook 2013.
- Improves the Facebook provider for Outlook 2013 compatibility with Outlook 2010.
- Fixes the following issues:
- Consider the following scenario:
- You use the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol to connect to a mailbox on an on-premise Exchange server in Outlook 2013.
- You use Outlook 2013 on a domain-joined computer.
- You log on to the computer as a different domain user than the user who owns the mailbox.
- The Exchange server host name resolves to a private IP address.
- The computer is configured to use a web proxy, and the Exchange server host name is in the proxy bypass list.
- When Windows Search service restarts, corresponding Windows Deployment Services (WDS) APIs are not refreshed, and the interfaces start failing with disconnecting errors.
- When you use the Recipients.addAsync method to add more than 100 recipients to an item in Outlook 2013, you receive the NumberOfRecipientsExceeded exception.
- When you add some Exchange accounts to an existing profile in Outlook 2013, some added accounts cannot be connected.
- The Accept Proposal tab is greyed out, and you cannot accept the proposal of a meeting in Outlook 2013. This issue occurs if the proposal is sent by using an SMTP address that is stored in the auto-complete cache.
Note To resolve this issue, see the Accept Proposal tab is greyed out and you cannot accept the proposal of a meeting in Outlook 2013 (KB3054850) .
- Adds the Reply with Attachments API to the Apps for Office JS API for Outlook 2013.
- When you configure Outlook 2013 to use both an internal and external corporate specified IP address, it takes a long time to download an offline address book (OAB). This issue occurs because Outlook uses the internal corporate specified IP address even though the client is connecting from outside corporate network and uses an external IP address.
Note Four new registry keys are created that control different parameters of BITS jobs, the manual and automatic time-out periods, and the retry delay periods (for both manual and automatic downloads). Times are given in seconds. Configuring the download time-out periods separately enables Outlook to complete the attempt to download OAB by using the internal URL faster and switch to the external URL faster. To resolve this issue, see Outlook 2013 takes up to 30 minutes to manually download Offline Address Book files (KB3057737) .
- When you perform a tag action (such as marking an item as read or unread) for an item in search results in a shared mailbox in Outlook 2013, the item disappears.
- When you use double quotation marks to search a restrictive phrase in an online archived mailbox, a mailbox in online mode, or a mailbox in hybrid mode in Outlook 2013, you receive unexpected search results.
Note To resolve this issue, see unexpected search results when you use double quotation marks to search items in a mailbox in Outlook 2013 (KB3054852) .
- When you resend an email message from an online archived mailbox or an additional Exchange 2010 or Exchange 2013 mailbox in Outlook 2013 online mode, the message subject and the content are blank.
- You cannot open a shared mailbox in a profile in Outlook 2013. This issue occurs after you migrate the profile from Exchange Server 2010 to Exchange Server 2013 that has the MAPI over HTTP transport protocol enabled.
- Consider the following scenario:
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB3039799 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2013
- Download update KB3039799 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2013
- Start Outlook 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|