Update Rollup 10 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) was released on June 16, 2015. This update rollup resolves various issues. Before you install this update, you must remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. Also, see this important information about how to install this update.
Method 1: Microsoft UpdateThis update rollup is available on Microsoft Update.
Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups for Exchange Server 2010 on clustered Exchange Server 2010 systems.
Method 2: Microsoft Download CenterThe update rollup is also available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
This update resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- KB 3069055 Various DAG maintenance scripts do not work in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 3057422 "MapiExceptionNoAccess: Unable to query table rows" error and some mailboxes cannot be moved
- KB 3056750 Exchange ActiveSync application pool crashes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 3054644 "The item no longer exists" error when you access an archive mailbox in Outlook Web App in Exchange Server 2010
- KB 3051284 Event ID 4999 is logged and MSExchangeServicesAppPool crashes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 3049596 Event ID 4999 is logged and remote procedure call Client Access service crashes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB 2964344 MSExchangeRPC service stops working intermittently in Exchange Server 2010
- KB 3055764 Exchange Server 2010 Address Book Service crashes with event ID 4999
Installation instructionsLearn more about how to install the latest update rollup for Exchange Server 2010.
Also learn about the following update installation scenarios.
Restart requirementThe required services are restarted automatically when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 3049853.
Installing this update on a DBCS version of Windows Server 2012You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.
Article ID: 3049853 - Last Review: Jun 17, 2015 - Revision: 1