Issues that are fixed
- The Microsoft Volume Licensing reconciliation report (License 14A) does not correctly calculate downgrade rights for Microsoft Access 2010 when additional Access 2013 licenses are present.
Software distribution and application management
- 3031967 A prestaged package on a distribution point cannot be removed in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Clients cannot download content over a metered connection when the following conditions are true:
- The Specify how clients communicate on metered network connections client setting is set to Limit.
- The Allow Clients on metered network connection to download content option is checked in deployment properties for the given application.
- When you deploy two driver packages that share content to a Pull Distribution Point in close succession, the second package may remain in an In progress state. The Pulldp.log file on the second Pull Distribution Point contains a line that resembles the following as the last entry:ExecuteJob (2-InProgress) <content_ID> for package <package_ID>, version 2
- 3049921 Software distribution is unsuccessful when the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager client cache is full
Site servers and site systems
- 3034183 Changes to collections take a long time in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- The SMS Executive service on a site server may stop unexpectedly if Active Directory System Discovery runs and cannot resolve many computer names to IP addresses. Log entries that resemble the following are repeated in the AdSysDis.log file.
Note The third line in the pattern is a blank line.GetIPAddr - Host not found resolving FQDN "FQDN_MachineName".
GetIPAddr - Retry with system name "HOSTNAME_MACHINENAME"...
ERROR: Machine HOSTNAME_MACHINENAME is offline or invalid.
- Active Directory Group Discovery may generate lots of discovery data records (DDRs) when the following conditions are true:
- Delta discovery is enabled.
- The target OU contains groups and computers from a forest that differs from that of the site server.
- 3042152 The distribution of content packages is delayed to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager distribution points
- 3042855 Policy processing takes a long time in large environments in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- 3037901 SMS Agent Host service stops running when BitLocker is enabled on a System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager client
- 3048767 Computers that are running the SMS Agent Host service may be unable to establish new network connections after frequent network disruptions
Operating system deployment
- The Operating System Deployment Capture process may fail if a RAMDisk driver that has a VolumeID longer than 30 characters is used. Errors that resemble the following are recorded in the Smsts.log file on the client:Failed to get unique id (0x800700EA)Failed to convert Z: to unique volume id. Code : 0x800700eaFailed to convert protected paths to unique ID. Error code 0x800700ea
- 3035426 Clients cannot download driver packages in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
Additional changes that are included in this update
- 3041687 Revised February 2015 anti-malware platform update for Endpoint Protection clients
How to obtain Cumulative Update 5 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration ManagerA supported update is available from Microsoft Support. However, this update is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this update only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This update might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by these problems, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this update.
If the update is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the update.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific update. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which this update is available. If you do not see your language, it is because an update is not available for that language.
How to determine the installation status of this cumulative updateThis cumulative update changes the following Configuration Manager version numbers and installation properties.
Site systemsThe CULevel value is located under the following registry subkey:
Note The CULevel value is set to 5 for Cumulative Update 5.
Administrator ConsoleThe version that is displayed in the About System Center Configuration Manager dialog box is 5.0.7958.1604.
ClientThe version that is displayed on the General tab of the Configuration Manager Control Panel item or in the Client Version field of device properties in the Administrator Console is 5.00.7958.1604.
Endpoint Protection ClientThis update changes the anti-malware client version to 4.7.0209.0. You can find the version information by clicking About on the Help menu of the Endpoint Protection client UI.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Note We recommend that you close the Configuration Manager Administrator Console before you install this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces Cumulative Update 4 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager .
New cumulative update servicing model for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
Article ID: 3054451 - Last Review: Apr 26, 2017 - Revision: 4