Be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
- When you use the Update Project function, it may incorrectly apply progress to inactive tasks. As soon as this occurs, the inactive tasks are no longer activated.
- When Project Professional 2013 opens a Project Server-based project from the local cache, Project Professional 2013 crashes.
- You cannot assign a resource in Project Professional 2013 if the resource name contains a semicolon and if the semicolon is set as the list separator on the client computer.
- When you print a project that contains tasks, resources or assignments that have multiline notes, Project 2013 crashes. This issue occurs if the Print notes option in the Page Setup dialog box is selected.
- When tasks have resource assignments, and the assignments on the task do not share the same start date as the task, resource leveling does not level resources as expected.
- After you set the Week starts on field to a value other than Sunday, calendar nonworking time exceptions are highlighted incorrectly in usage type views.
- When you import resource data from an Excel, TXT, or CSV format file in Project 2013, the resource is not imported successfully. Instead, you see an error that resembles the following:Additionally, when you edit a data map, you may see a message that resembles the following if you try to add a field on the Map Options page of the Import Wizard:The file "<file name>." cannot be opened.
* Check that the file name and path are correct.
* Check that the file format is recognized by Project.
In the part of this message that states "characters listed here," garbage characters are displayed instead of a field name.The field "<characters listed here>" does not exist.
- When you save a project in Project Professional or Project Web App, custom field values are lost.
Note This issue occurs after you apply the March 10, 2015 update for Project Server 2013 (KB2956178) .
- When you open a project in Project Professional, you find that local custom fields are copied from the enterprise global template into your project. The enterprise global should not have local custom fields in it, and these fields should not be copied to individual projects. This fix prevents these fields from being incorrectly copied into your project and overwriting local custom fields that you may have already defined.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3054830 for 32-bit version of Project 2013
- Download update KB3054830 for 64-bit version of Project 2013
- Start Project 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
Article ID: 3054830 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2