Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
After you install July 14, 2015, update for Outlook 2013 (KB3054940) , the email header will display the display names and the email addresses of recipients by default. If you prefer to change this behavior, follow these steps:
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search, type regedit in the search text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7, click Start, type regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry entry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Options
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableEmailAddressesInReplyHeaders, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Details pane, right-click DisableEmailAddressesInReplyHeaders, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type a value, and then click OK.
- To display the display names and email addresses of the recipients (which is the default behavior), set the value to 0.
- To display the display names only of the recipients, set the value to 1.
- Exit Registry Editor.