Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search, type regedit in the search text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7, click Start, type regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry entry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\OneNote\AddIns
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type MeetingEmailSmtpOverride, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click MeetingEmailSmtpOverride, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type a non-zero value, and then click OK.
- This setting of the registry key forces the Outlook-OneNote integration to use only the SMTP addresses, ignoring the SIP addresses.
- You can also set the msoridCUOneNoteMeetingSmtpOverridesSip Group Policy to resolve this issue.
- If you do not have the registry key, Group Policy setting or the value of the registry key is set to 0, the existing behavior is maintained.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 3055026 - Last Review: Aug 12, 2015 - Revision: 1