When you click a hyperlink in a Microsoft Office document in an Office program, you may receive an error message similar to the following:
This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
This behavior can occur when both of the following conditions are true:
- You installed one of the following programs: Office XP or Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 SP-1.
- The following registry key does not exist:HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\htmlfile\shell\open\command
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- On the Programs tab, click Reset Web Settings.
- Click to clear the Also reset my home page check box.
- Click Yes.
- Restart the computer.