Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Visio 2016 installed on the computer. After you apply this security update, you may see a popup window that states that a website wants to open web content in protected mode in Internet Explorer. See Updates to change the way that Internet Explorer interacts with features in Microsoft Office applications for more information.
For a complete list of affected versions of Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3104540.
Improvements and fixesThis update also contains fixes for the following nonsecurity issues:
- When you use Visio 2016 to save a .vdx file that contains SolutionXML elements that were created in Visio 2010, the SolutionXML elements are lost.
- When you try to save a large .vsd file in Visio 2016, Visio 2016 crashes, and the file isn't saved.
- When you open a .vsdx file in Visio 2016, renamed rows in the Shape Data section are deleted for all master instances.
- When you try to create an organization chart by using a Microsoft SQL Server driver, you receive the following error message in the organization chart wizard: Invalid data. Your data file is empty.
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download security update 3101507 for the 32-bit version of Visio 2016
- Download security update 3101507 for the 64-bit version of Visio 2016
Article ID: 3101507 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3