This update is no longer available. To fix the issues that are described in this article, install the latest Microsoft Office update from the following Microsoft Docs article:
Be aware that the update in Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
- Renames the "Add-Ins" string as the "Add-ins" string for consistency.
- Makes Microsoft Upload Center white in all themes for the legibility.
- Fixes the following issues:
- It takes a long time for an add-in to display a custom task pane in a document in Word 2016 because Word 2016 performs the animation. After you install this update, follow the instructions in the "Registry information" section.
- Screen readers (such as Narrator) can't read the detailed permissions for each collaborator on the Share pane of a document in Office 2016 applications.
- When you co-author documents in an Office 2016 application, the Office 2016 application may crash.
- You can't open or reply a document or an email message that has an IRM template protected if the IRM template name is changed.
- When you select and edit a contact in People view in Outlook 2016, the Save and Cancel buttons are unreadable in the Colorful and the Dark Gray themes.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
PrerequisiteTo apply this update, you must have Microsoft Office 2016 installed.
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
If it takes a longer time for an add-in to display a custom task pane in a document in Word 2016, follow these steps to disable transition animations of custom task pane window:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Toolbars\
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableWindowTransitionsOnAddinTaskPanes, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click DisableWindowTransitionsOnAddinTaskPanes, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|