Note Be default, the white space is trimmed after export. However, you can enable this feature by following the instructions in the Registry information section.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3114404 for 32-bit version of Office 2010
- Download update KB3114404 for 64-bit version of Office 2010
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you change the registry incorrectly. Before you change it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
After you install this update, follow these steps to set a registry key so that the white space isn't trimmed after export.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 10, go to Start, enter regedit in the Search Windows box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, if you're using a mouse, move it to the upper-right corner, go to Search, enter regedit in the search text box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7, go to Start, enter regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry entry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Settings\
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then select DWORD Value.
- Enter PreserveCellWhiteSpace, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Details pane, press and hold (or right-click) PreserveCellWhiteSpace, and then select Modify.
- In the Value data box, enter 1, and then select OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
PrerequisiteTo apply this update, you must have Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 installed.
Article ID: 3114404 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2